Monday, September 20, 2010

Illustration 1 Work; Fall 2009

This work is from my Illustration 1 class a couple of semesters ago with Dan Krall. More information above each piece.

The first assignment was to take an album of music (of your choice) and do I think it was 3? pieces of art based on the 'vibe' of the music or something similar. I did Thanasis Papakonstantinou's 'Vrahnis Profitis' and decided to do a bit of concept art based on a character I derived based on the sound and sort of 'theme' of the music - classical Greek ballads and similar played with a contemporary twist. So I took a Greek Orthodox priest and tried to play with his contemporary qualms... I don't know how well that came off, but I think I got together quite a bit of decent art from it, although the resolution is bad. All digital, Photoshop + Open Canvas 1.1


This next assignment, we were to pick a celebrity and do first a couple of photo copies, a line piece trying to capture that celebrity's characteristics, and then a final piece of your choosing. I picked Keanu Reeves, and that's all I really need to say about that I guess. Open Canvas 1.1 & Micron pens.

Next, we had to do a contemporary & a classical take on a monster of our choosing - I picked the Domovoi, a Russian hearth spirit. These pieces literally now make me cringe. Eeeuuughh. Open Canvas 1.1


I feel like there were more assignments, but I probably did them all shitty because I had a stick up my ass so whatever. The final assignment, we were given a movie by Dan and told to do a DVD cover & layout + booklet w/ spot illustrations for it. I was given A Clockwork Orange, and I really tried to give this assignment my all, and it came out pretty all right! This was partly done in Crow Quill, edited in Photoshop & Open Canvas 1.1






A'ight, well that's everything from that semester. ~Toodlez~

No comments:

Post a Comment